Transfer of tenancy to someone else
Tenancy Types and Management

Ian G
Ian G
2 Thanks
22 Posts
11 years ago
We have a situation where the woman (single tenant) on our RLA tenancy agreement has moved out but her boyfriend wants to take over the tenancy. Clause C9 obliges the tenant not to transfer the tenancy to someone else without our permission, in writing (which we will not unreasonably withhold). The initial AST has tripped over to a periodic. Is there a standard RLA form whereby we can transfer the tenancy, or would a letter signed by us and new tenant saying all references to 'x' are now replaced by 'y' with effect from the date of this letter suffice? We will have to deal with deposit separately as that was in initial tenant's name.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.