Room only RLA AST
Tenancy Types and Management

0 Thanks
22 Posts
13 years ago

I've used the RLA 'Room Only' ASTs for the time (I usually use the Joint Tenancy one) for 4 tenants in a mixed student and non student house because two student tenants wanted to stop in the property but didn't currently have friends to share with and the two new tenants are graduating this next month so will be trying to find jobs. Basically, am I now liable for the Council tax on the property as a landlord of a HMO as the tenants have the above room only agreements? In various places in the agreement there is the term 'individually and together' and it does state the tenants 'pay all electricity, gas, phone, water charges and council tax bills relating to the property that apply during the tenancy, including appropriate share of the bills for the share areas (if this applies)'.

Many thanks,

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.