Is it a license to occupy that I need?
Tenancy Types and Management

0 Thanks
18 Posts
12 years ago
I have recently acquired a former care home and would like to let out the matrons living quarters to maximize on-site security. An AST would not benefit both parties under these circumstances so I would like to learn more about what options there are available to me regarding a short term agreement.

My plans are to sell the property but it would be a potential deal breaker if vacant possession could not be granted to the purchaser. They would need to know how they would go about giving the correct notice period to the occupant and likewise how much notice the occupant would need to give to the property owner.

Does the RLA have a copy of a "Short Term License" or other suitable documentation on record? instructions on how to implement it? and please advise me if i'm actually barking up the right tree or not.

Any help would be most appreciated.


Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.