Contract type
Tenancy Types and Management

Agent Bob
Agent Bob
0 Thanks
9 Posts
12 years ago

Have a property owner who wishes to rent two rooms in his 3 bed house house. He will live there some of the time but will spend fairly long periods of time away (a few months) with his job.

Can these rooms be let on a lodger basis or should they be on
a room let only Assured Shorthold.

Portsmouth Council also require planning permission for 3 or more
unrelated occupants which would also be the case.

Your advise would be appreciated.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.