Contracts and Deposits for a landlord in occupation
Tenancy Types and Management

0 Thanks
1 Posts
13 years ago
Dear Helpdesk,

I have added my son to the deeds of a property we own (so 3 people on the deeds) so he can occupy the property with two others and it not need planning permission under the 6th APril HMO changes (local council are ok with this).

The questions are:

What type of contracts do I have for the other two renters?
Do they pay us or pay my son then he ays us?
What do we do regarding deposits for the two renters?

I am looking for the most simple and tax efficient way of doing this.

Many thanks for your help

Kind regards


Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.