Do I need a new Tenancy Agreement?
Tenancy Types and Management

0 Thanks
22 Posts
13 years ago
My very good tenant of 2 years wants permission for his girlfriend and their 6 year old daughter to move in and live with him at the ed of this month. I have no problem with this but just wonder where I stand. They have a volatile relationship and I really cannot see them living together for a long time.

He will continue to pay the rent as he has always done.

What I wonder is should I issue a new Tenancy Agreement or can I do a "codicil" to the existing Agreement giving permission. Can I state that should he move out then they must all go?

If I have to do a new Agreement, then do I pay him his deposit back to take it straight back off him and do I have to have a CPE - which was not necessary when he moved in?

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.