Landlords Gas safety certificate

1 Thanks
8 Posts
13 years ago
Is there a legal requirement to have a Landlords gas safety certificate for a newly installed gas boiler (installed by a GasSafe registered fitter) for the first 12 months? I thought the answer was no until I saw the Gas Installers website which says this "It is also important to note that even new boiler installations still legally require A Landlord Gas Safety Inspection / Certificate (CP12)". However, they also say this "A Landlord Gas Safety Inspection / Certificate (CP12) has to be issued on an annual basis by a GAS SAFE registered installer, as well as before a tenancy starts and on a tenant change"!! I thought the certificate was valid for 12 months even if there was a new tenant within that time.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.