electric safety certificates

1 Thanks
23 Posts
15 years ago

I am aware that you needs a gas safety certificate but can anyone advise me if it is legal requirement to have the an electrical safety certificate for my rented property? I know it is advisable and I am in the process of obtaining quotes for this.

Plus my tenant is going on holiday for 2 weeks and has advised that members of her family will be checking on the property, feeding the rabbit etc and they may stay over the odd night. Can I insist that the family do not stay overnight as they are not named in the tenancy agreement or am I being over cautious?

Many thanks

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.