Tenant unable to pay full rent and wants to pay less

0 Thanks
2 Posts
15 years ago
Hi. I have a tenant on an AST at £950 pcm. I received an email from him just prior to xmas asking to reduce the rent to £850 pcm as he is finding it difficult to make ends meet.

My idea is to take the £850 pcm but make up the shortfall from his deposit. I realise however that this would leave me exposed should he decide to damage the property and /or leave unpaid bills on vacating the property. He is however a good tenant.

I would welcome your thoughts. Many thanks.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.