Damage to Property

0 Thanks
1 Posts
15 years ago
A tenant has reported that the property was burgled and this involved damage to the front door. I appreciate that the damage to the door will probably be the Landlord's responsibity but the point of the question is that the tenant paid £160 to have the door boarded up (the butglary happended at night) and is seeking a refund of that cost. I wonder if he is entitled to be reimbused for that cost? The tenancy agreement does state that the tenant is responsible for replacement of broken glass in all windows/doors but otherwise makes no reference to this situation. I wonder if you know the annswer to this question?

Many thanks

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.