Small claims court

0 Thanks
2 Posts
11 years ago
Please advise
I had a tenant who has recently left the property , I was supposed to meet him to obtain keys and check property ,And for him to pay outstanding rent by getting my bank details, unfortunately he didn't show.
he has left the property , in a state and has 2 months rent arreas
The average quote to refurb property and rent arreas included is approx £4000
I have no forward address and his phone numbers have been disconnected ,
I have his employment details and d.o.b and his mothers address.
Is it worth taking him to court as I have heard stories that he may only pay back a ridiculous amount such as a £ 1 a week . I don't have a forward address which is needed to make a claim.
Advice kindly appreciated

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.