Conversion of a Bedsit to Self Contained Accommodation
HMO Licensing

Tony Vale
Tony Vale
0 Thanks
23 Posts
12 years ago
I own an HMO,a large victorian property,which lends itself to convert a large bedsit into a self contained unit. All alterations are within the space already occupied, therefore no major structural alteration, and there will be no increase in the number of tenants. The shower/toilet will be constructed with plasterboard,insulated,heated and ventilated. What planning permission if any do I require.
I refer to an article in the July/August issue of RLA Magazine on page 8 regarding case precedent of Winton v Secretary of State and Guildford District Council. Which has the inference of planning not being necessary, please will you clarify.
Thank you
Tony Vale

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.