Housing benefit payments

2 Thanks
22 Posts
12 years ago
I have a lady with a disabled child who has been successful in applying for the tenancy for one of my private landlords. However he has said he will only take her if he can get direct payment from Housing Benefit. I understand from Scarborough council that they have a very limited few landlords who have inserted a clause in their tenancy agreements to this effect. Have you heard of this before and do you know what form the clause would take. As she has the disabled child I am sure a case could be made to the benefit people but I was surprised at it being accepted in the tenancy agreement?

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.