Insurance when Council owns Freehold

1 Thanks
12 Posts
12 years ago
We own a couple of ex-council maisonettes, where it is mandatory that we pay the council/housing assoc., to insure the property against major damage.
But it does not provide cover for public or employer's liability, nor for minor issues.
My broker says that insurers will only provide comprehensive cover - i.e including the cover which I already have with the council - and I don't want to pay twice!!
Can anyone advise if/how we should proceed, pls?
Any help/info gratefully received!

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.