Lanlords Insurance

Southwest landlord
Southwest landlord
2 Thanks
78 Posts
15 years ago

Its not just landlord insurance, what you are talking about is business insurance. I know that buildings insurance covers the house, I guess that you don't have contents insurance, who would?

Business insurance can be so useful, liability insurance should be included, you could be sued by a tenant for falling when they are drunk (or drugged), we had this, our business insurance cut straight in. It absolutely gutted me, but they paid out of court, for someone who fell down stairs being drunk and on drugs. They say it was cheaper in costs to pay him than to fight it. Like I said, it gutted me. But, IMPORTANTLY, it was not me that paid. £8,000.00 payment, £12,000.00 costs. We have also had a employee say he moved a wardrobe, hurt his back, sued us. insurance covered us.

Then there is the legal battles, years ago we were taken to Court by EHO, insurance paid for all legal costs.

You will need to make sure that you comply to the requests of the insurer, but with business insurance behind you, you are soooooo much in a better position.

IMPORTANT ADVICE. Disclose everything, everything, don't hide anything, you will go to claim and they will cancel the insurance.

Good luck

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.