Tenant called in council to enable her to get points.

2 Thanks
410 Posts
15 years ago
Hi I wont go into too much depth as you are busy I know.
My elderley tenant has lived in property for 3years now.Told me last year that she needs a smaller place cause she cant get upstairs.Grandson has been living with her and is now going to london so she doesnt want to be in house on her own either.
I said that after xmas I would help her find a place.
In decembe I had a call from council regarding damp in the house.
The house had recently had a damp proof course in before i purchased property and i think with all the rain we have had and the fact that the tenant doesnt heat the property in the normal way and open windows etc that a lot of the probs could be stopped with normal living.
She told them that she wanted a smaller house etc.Anyway I now have an improvement notice for works to be carried out from the council and my tenant is wanting to move in a couple of months if she can.
Can you tell me what I do next plese.Thanks.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.