Water ingress from adjoining property

0 Thanks
5 Posts
14 years ago
The party wall of a terraced property I rent out, has damp from floor to ceiling. I have been told by a surveyor it is probably due to the neighbours boiler or bath seal leaking.
The tenant has recently moved out telling my tenant that she was going because of the damp and the landlord who lives in Spain does not want to know.
The surveyor who looked at the wall said the wall could be tanked but this is not a full solution the water ingress needs treating. Do I have any way of finding out who the owner is and compelling him to repair the leak or leaks?
Lynda Grundy

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.