Name Change.

10 Thanks
430 Posts
15 years ago
For one reason or another, either by marriage or by deed poll, a tenant or landlord might change their name. In either case, none of the existing documentation should be altered – tenancy agreements, prescribed information etc are legal documents not to be defaced. If it is a tenant who has changed name, simply ask for and keep on file a copy of the marriage certificate, or other legal document. However, if it is the landlord who has changed name, the landlord(s) should issue to the tenant a notice pursuant to Section 48 of the Landlord & Tenant Act 1987, notifying the tenant of the correct name of the landlord (this notice is also used to notify a tenant of an address in England or Wales where the tenant should serve any notice on the landlord).

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.