Other adults

0 Thanks
4 Posts
15 years ago
Hi there

I am about to sign up a new tenant (a couple who are to be jointly named on the agreement).

I believe they have 2 grown up children (late teens/early 20s I think) who may be living with them at least initially.

I was just wondering if it is sufficient to simply name them as other people allowed to live in the house (in the relevant section of your standard agreement where you can put the names of children) or do they need to sign something separately to prevent them as adults claiming any right to remain in the property beyond the tenancy of their parents.



Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.