Gas Safety Certificates.

10 Thanks
430 Posts
14 years ago
Under the Gas Safety (Installation & Use) Regulations 1998, it is a legal requirement to give the tenants a copy of the Landlord Gas Safety Record (form CP12) at the commencement of the tenancy (usually on signing the tenancy agreement), and in the case of a gas safety check renewal (which must be carried out at least once in every 12 months), to give the tenants a copy of the Landlord Gas Safety Record within 28 days of the check having been carried out. There is no “grace” period for carrying out the checks, which must be done by an installer registered with the Gas Safe Register. Also, it is not sufficient for a landlord simply to have the gas appliances serviced and obtain a receipt – this does not cover the safety aspects of the gas appliances, nor the adequacy of the flues, and does not comply with the legal requirements. The cost of the safety check and certificate is to be borne by the landlord, and not passed on to the tenant.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.