reducing rent

2 Thanks
33 Posts
12 years ago
I have a very nice single mum tenant who is receiving housing benefit which is being reduced this month because of the council spending cuts. I have agreed to reduce the rent by some of the amount because she is a really reliable tenant. Can I use a 'rental increase' form to adjust the amount or do I have to issue a whole new tenancy agreement - thus having to go through another guarantor signing etc as well.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.