tenant sublet the property

My home
My home
0 Thanks
9 Posts
13 years ago
I have a tenant who is on benefit. Council is making direct payments to me. I have just received a letter saying that his claim has been suspended as they tried to arrange a visit to him but they were unable to reach him.

I have not spoken to him for the last 3 months or so. his phone is not working so i went there yesterday, there was someone else in the property claiming that he is my tenant friend . he seems not to know where the main tenant is.

I am just thinking my tenant has rented the property to this guy. he was quite rude to me i asked him to get my tenant to give me a call, and he said he hasnt seen him for few days or so.

ALso apparently this flat and the flat below have been broken into yesterday, they called the police and gave statement.

the doors need to be scured or replaced . i will change the whole door, but i dont know if i should give key to this person that i dont know but apperently lives in there.

someone said i should replace the door when the new guy is not there and leave a note on the door named with my tenant, until my tenant calls me i shouldnt give key to anyoneelse

Could you please help me with this issue.


Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.