Responsibility for gas leak damages

Andy Brightman
Andy Brightman
0 Thanks
1 Posts
11 years ago
My flat is a lease hold property. My tenants reported a gas smell and National Grid engineers identified a gas leak originating from the "internal piping" in the kitchen. The gas appliances and gas boiler are not at fault and I have an up to date gas safety certificate. Fortunately there were no serious consequences, but what would have happened if there had been a gas explosion or if the tenants had been injured or killed? Who is responsible for the safety of the internal piping? Is it the owner of the block of flats or myself? Should I take out insurance to protect me from damages caused by a such a gas leak? If so, can you recommend the best type of insurance?

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.