Landlord's Property Insurance sought - may already have extant residential Ins.

1 Thanks
15 Posts
11 years ago
Hi,my ex-husband (still currently joint owner of our BTL property until divorce settlement makes me sole owner) moved in there when previous tenants left. He has since emigrated, after changing locks and I've now also had to change locks to get access. His solicitor says he still has the property insured (residential Ins?)but ex won't provide me with details. Regardless, my Ins. Co. insist that, because there can't be 2 Insurances on one property, they cannot help me, now I've tried to obtain Landlord's Insurance on it. Any suggestions or ways around this to enable me to insure and let it?

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.