My flat got damaged by the water leak from the flat above

1 Thanks
4 Posts
11 years ago
My flat is in the purpose built block of flats. It got damaged as a result of the water leak from the flat above. The other landlord stated that the pipe was inside the wall and that she is not liable for the damage but the head leaseholder is.

What do I do in this situation? What would be a quickest and cheapest solution? The damages were valued at 400 + VAT. the flat is located in London.

Is there an insurance which would protect my property from inside? I understand that if there is a building insurance than I don't need to have one, but I want to avoid situations like this in the future.

Thanks for all your input.


Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.