Tenancy Types and Management

2 Thanks
25 Posts
10 years ago
I currently have two tenants who are on a joint AST (Drawn up by an Estate Agent)and are on periodic contract . However one of the tenants wants to leave.

The tenant that wants to leave has found another person to take her place, after credit checking this other person, I have agreed for the new person to become my tenant.

I have now created a new AST with the new person and the original tenant.

I want to control the Deposit of the original tenant, but their deposit is held by the original Estate Agent who drafted the first contract.

My question is how do I get hold of the deposit currently held by the original Estate Agent?

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.