Serving a Section 21 Notice
Possession - Section 8 and Section 21

0 Thanks
9 Posts
11 years ago
I have just joined the Assoc.

I need to serve a Section 21 on my tenants, but am unsure whether to use Section 21(4)(A) or Section 21(1)(B)

It is a Furnished Assured Shorthold Agreement which expires at the end of May.

On the form where it says "I/We require possession of the dwelling-house known as........................After......
do I enter the date the form was handed to the tenant or if posted (advised to send 2 copies from 2 different P'O's) 3 days after posting or the date I want to take possession of the property?

One other question.

The tenants have been at the property for 4 years, one has since moved out but his name is still on the original agreement. No new agreement was issued. Would this cause me any problems?

Many thanks.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.