Can I contact an ex tenant's place of work?
Rent Arrears

0 Thanks
2 Posts
11 years ago
A tenant forged documents to gain occupancy of my flat and then didn't pay any rent. She's finally been evicted. Before she moved in she gave the letting agency the name of her place of work but I recently found out she's been receiving benefits so she may have lied about working. If she does work I want to get my money back by putting a claim on her earnings but first I need to find out if she's working - do I have to pay someone to do this or could I just contact the work place?

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.