Good Morning

Andrew H
Andrew H
1 Thanks
16 Posts
11 years ago
WE have a large number of properties rented as shared houses, we have been sent a county court judgement claim form from Anglian water as the tenants in a property have not paid their water or sewage bills, their tenancy agreements clearly state that they are liable for all utilities except council tax which we pay.
They pay the gas and electric as these are on a prepayment meter, it appears that this company has a policy in this area of chasing the landlord when the tenant does not pay, we have other examples where the tenants pay and Anglian water accept this.
Please could you advise me of the best course of action.

Yours Truly

Andrew Horton

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.