Council Inspection

gibson little
gibson little
0 Thanks
11 Posts
10 years ago
A few weeks ago the tenant reported a leak in the kitchen. When we visited the property the leak had obviously been happening for quite a while - no sign of where the water was coming from but carpet tiles almost floating, floor boards soaked.
My husband eventually found the leak, fixed it, replaced floorboards and explained to the tenant that we would need to allow everything to dry out and then make an assessment of what else needed to be done - kitchen is still usable. Having initially agreed to this 24 hours later her mother in law made a complaint to the council and we have been told that there is to be an inspection of the property. How does this process work?

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.