Served Court papers, who pays court fees and when can I re - rent.
Possession - Section 8 and Section 21

0 Thanks
2 Posts
10 years ago
I have a council tenant who has her rent paid to me directly from the council.
The tenancy agreement came to an end and after the section 21 expired the council advised her to sit tight. The court papers were served to on the 27th of June.
She has contacted me today saying she wishes to hand the keys back on Saturday and would like her deposit back in full. Does she not have to give a months notice? Can she just give me a week, she had text me during the week but i was away and did not get message untill last night.
She has told me that she has sort advice from the Citizens Advice Bureau and I have no hope in claiming the court fees back of her, I ticked the box on the form to claim the court fees against her.
I have let her off a number of things relating to the tenancy and do not want ot loose even more money, can i claim this money back from the deposit or guarantor?
As i have began the process for getting the house back via the court, can it be stopped? When can I re-rent?

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.