Rent recovery
Rent Arrears

1 Thanks
23 Posts
10 years ago
Hi all,
My tenant has left with three months unpaid rent, however left and di not reply to letters from myself or the DPS, so luckily I got my deposit back.
Now I would like to find out if there is a good way of recovering the rest of the owed rent, having been told by a solicitor that the Small Claims Court might not be that effective.
I don't know if the tenant is still at the address she gave, anyway if I find out where she lives and can ascertain that she is still working, are there other ways to get my money back?
Can bailiffs have access to bank accounts or payments from her employer/business if she has one?
If not should I just forget it and be wiser next time?


Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.