Girlfriend of tenant refusing to leave property.....

0 Thanks
3 Posts
10 years ago
my tenant has contacted me in a bit of a state. His girlfriend who has been living with him for several months with her 10 year old son is refusing to leave our property now their relationship has ended. He has suggested we transfer the tenancy agreement over to her to avoid any further upset between them and he will move out but ideally he wants to stay on at the house and we definately want him to stay as he pays all bills by standing order and doesnt hassle us for anything. The agreement is in his name only so does the girlfriend have the right to stay there because she has a young son and no where else to go?? We havent spoken with her yet but would be grateful for any advise on how we best approach the situation.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.