Fire Risk Assessment

0 Thanks
3 Posts
8 years ago
I own (and rent out)a flat in a Victorian house which was converted some years ago. There are 3 other flats 2 of which are also rented out. We undertook a Fire Risk assessment for the common areas (stairway and hallway) recently which stated that the risk of fire was low but that we needed to provide emergency lighting complying with BS5266 and automatic fire detection complying with BS5839:part 6 grade D:LD2 with interlinked smoke and fire detectors in common areas and entrances of each flat.
This came as a bit of a surprise as all flats are individually owned and the property is not HMO. I have purchased smoke detectors with emergency lighting LEDs but I want some advice on the above. I don't think I could force another owner to install linked fire alarms in his own propert even though I own a share of the freehold. Can anyone help?

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £75 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services join now.