Insurance advice
Tax Planning and Financial

0 Thanks
2 Posts
10 years ago
I have just bought a couple of flats and wondered what level of insurance I should buy?

Both have buildings cover included with the service charge so I assume I only need contents to cover my own belongings (one is furnished, the other unfurnished) as well as public liability insurance in case a tenant injures him/herself.

Gave the RLA a call and their quote was very reasonable but as the guy said the contents insured are only those which 'if you turned the flat upside down would drop' and therefore doesn't include any fitted kitchen appliances or cupboards, etc. Neither does it include any action by the tenant which may affect a neighbouring property ie flooding lower floor flat (something my agent advised I should get as he'd heard of a case where a landlord was hit with a £25000 bill for his tenants actions)

Any guidance or recommendations would be gratefully received

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.