Freeholder building insurance

2 Thanks
40 Posts
10 years ago
Hi everyone,
I'm a leaseholder of a flat for letting, and together with other 4 leaseholders in the building, we have just formed a Right-To-Manage company. Now we are in the process buying the building insurance for our block, and debating who should be the 'Insured'. We also checked with the freeholder (a company) who had no idea about it, but guess it should be our newly formed Right-to-Manage company.

I personally think that the insured (the policy holder) should be the freeholder as he owns interest of the whole block, and the RTM is only an agent authorised to manage the day-to-day running and has no interest (freehold or leasehold) of the building. But I am not sure. I would appreciate it if anyone can share your knowledge and give me some direction.



Sorry if I am in the wrong forum. Coudn't find a forum about landlord being leaseholder at the same time.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.