Tenant Representative necessary?
Tenancy Types and Management

0 Thanks
3 Posts
10 years ago
I am relatively new to being a landlord and so far have only let our flat to single people, but now we are about to let to a young couple. We have used the RLA AST template for our tenancy agreements which has been fine for single people, but now a bit confused about the section that talks about appointing a "tenant representative" to deal with the deposit. Is this necessary for a couple, or is this more relating to multi-tenant properties, like a student house? What purpose does it serve to have one of them be the "representative" and in what way do they deal with the deposit? Does this mean they're responsible for paying it?

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.