Damages from a tenant

0 Thanks
2 Posts
10 years ago
Dear RLA
We have a tenant who has switched his deposit to another one of our properties, but has left his old property (also one of ours) in a terrible mess. This has comprised of: ruined wool carpet, stolen items from the house, broken door, broken bed and more. It totals over £1350.
Are we best to issue a small claims court warning and then proceed to the small claims court?


Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.