0 Thanks
4 Posts
10 years ago
Recently, the boyfriend of my tenant set fire to the property. The smoke damage is substantial, though actual fire damage is minimal: however, I estimate that the property will be uninhabital for approx 2 months.
My insurance policy will cover me for lost rental income, though they have suggested that the tenant should continue to pay rent even though she can't live in the property at the moment, as this is not excluded in the agreement (the template i used was the 'Assured shorthold tenanacy agreement', downloaded from the RLA website. Can you please advise the best course of action.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.