Benefit payment query

0 Thanks
6 Posts
8 years ago
I currently get direct rent payments from the local council for one of my tenants who is claiming housing benefit as a single mother and her 5 year old son.
I SUSPECT that her partner is also living at the property. I have told the tenant of my suspicions and advised her that she needs to inform the council of her changes in circumstances.
Do I have a legal responsibility to inform the local council of my suspicions ?

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £75 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services join now.