Housing benefit and invalid insurance

0 Thanks
46 Posts
10 years ago
My ex-tenant used to work, and then claimed Housing benefit. She did not tell me this until a few week ago, and she had been claiming for over a year. the council pays the tenant directly and does not even tell the landlord that the tenant is a housing benefit tenant. therefore if anything goes wrong, I would not be covered in terms of insurance, as many insurance companies do not provide cover if DSS tenants etc. Should we be campaigning for some kind of change, prevting the landlord from getting into a risky situation?

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £85 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.