type of tenancy
Tenancy Types and Management

0 Thanks
4 Posts
8 years ago
I am just about to open up a guest house (11 bedrooms) for the first time on a long-term lease contract. I would like to offer 3 rooms and a shared area for cooking (separate from the commercial kitchen) to a couple (no relation) and their 2 children for a long term rental (1 year plus) arrangement. I will use the rest of the rooms for short term guests (1 to 7 nights mostly, I expect). The family in question are fine but they are on housing benefit and I want to be sure that I use the right category of tenancy to make sure that they don't have any problems with their benefits claim. The 3 rooms are not self contained and one of the rooms is on the 1st floor and the other two are on the ground floor. No-one seems to know what sort of tenancy would be appropriate and would also satisfy the local authority benefits people. Can anyone help?

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £75 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services join now.