Type of Notice required
Possession - Section 8 and Section 21

0 Thanks
7 Posts
10 years ago
I currently have a very good tenant who is 17 months into a 2 year rental agreement.
My Tenant was informed at the start of the Agreement that it was my intention that my family would move into the property at the end of her 2 year period.
Mt Tenant has advised me this evening that she is finding it difficult to pay the rent (there is 1 months arrears however I know that it will be paid)and that she intends to apply to the local Council/Housing Dept. for a suitable home.
She has requested that I provide her with a letter giving her notice to quit the property before the end of the Tenancy Agreement.
What type of letter do I issue her with and what notice period do I need to give her ?( I would not expect her to vacate before Xmas)

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.