Ed Syrett
Ed Syrett
0 Thanks
32 Posts
10 years ago
My In-Laws have a property in London - a three bedroom house that they rent out to three individuals. One of them in using the lounge as a bedroom.

I have had a look at the HMO Licensing requirements of Haringey Council, and they only require the property to be licensed if it is three storeys or more. Given that the house is an ordinary three-bed semi-detached, it appears not to require licensing.

It will obviously need different tenancy agreements, but does it need the same fire safety as a HMO?

What else do I need to do to make it legal and above board?



Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.