Advice needed
Rent Arrears

0 Thanks
2 Posts
8 years ago
I have a tenant who holds a six month AST and has been in the house for 2 year. Everthying was fine but lately she has amounted arrears running to about £1100 due to chnage in hosuing benefit (bedroom tax). Council has agreed to pay me HB direct but this leaves a shortfall of £40/week which I know will be difficult in getting from the tenant. My question is this do I serve notice and proceed on the basis that AST has expired and I want reposssion and arreas also means I want paying or do i serve noitce just on graounds of arreas in the hope I will be granted posssion. My feeling is former is easier in that I don't have to give a reason. What recall do I have if she becomes diffcult and damages my house?


Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £75 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services join now.