Serving Notice
Possession - Section 8 and Section 21

0 Thanks
4 Posts
10 years ago
Hi, My (adult) children inherited a small house in Barnes, Richmond, which they need to sell in order to pay inheritance tax. The property is rented on a Periodic Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement. They served written notice two months ago to end the tenancy at the end of the calendar year. They were notified recently by Richmond Council that the tenant has applied for council housing, and that they have rejected the notice served as invalid. Please could you advise what they should do next to gain possession of the house as soon as possible. The Tenancy Agreement is in their late father's name. As far as we can see, the deposit was not held in a secure scheme (is it possible to check that?) Thanks in advance.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.