How do i deal with Council Tax and Utilities bills??

0 Thanks
8 Posts
10 years ago
If a tenant signs a tenancy and moves in, at present, i would request that they contact the council to inform them of their occupying of the property. I also request them to contact the Utilities commpanies aswell (gas, elec, water) with the relevant meter reading and their personal info.


What if the tenant does not do this?
What if the tenant does not pay any council tax?
What if the tenant does not pay any bills and just runs away??
Who is responsible?
What can i do to ensure this does not happen?

This has happened to me and the council have sent bailiff letters as have the utility companies and i dont know what to do.

please can you advise me on exactly how to deal with this situation and how best to setup the agreement in the first place, to protect myself from this happening again.

Thank you.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.