Court order and home improvements
Possession - Section 8 and Section 21

1 Thanks
7 Posts
10 years ago

I've recently obtained a court order where the judge ruled that my tenant should vacate my property by 30th Dec and pay all of my court fees by 13th December. My tenant has not paid me or vacated the property as ordered. I have filed the paperwork for a bailiff for possession, but I wondered if someone can advise me as to how I go about enforcing the repayment - what are the next steps for this?

In addition to the above, I was ordered to make improvements to my property (the tenant claimed damp, but the damp proof course was proven in tact and I subsequently decided to install a heat recovery ventilation system to improve the condensation - even though it was acknowledged by the council that the tenant's lifestyle was causing the problem [not heating or ventilating at all]). It now appears that the tenant keeps on switching off the system, even though she has been told time and time again that it will switch off automatically once the moisture levels reach a certain cut off point. Now the council were able to fine me £300 if I didn't make the improvements - probably a stupid question, but I don't suppose there is some landlord favouring policy that anyone knows of where I can ask them to enforce her to keep the system switched on? I know I'm probably clutching at straws, but thought it was worth asking the question.

Many thanks,


Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.