Rent arrears
Rent Arrears

Tc properties
Tc properties
0 Thanks
2 Posts
8 years ago

I have a student house with students taking a room each with individual tenancy agreements for a 10 month contract with rent payments made in three in line with their student loans.

Unfortunately one of the student has gone vacated the house but still has a key, officially no notice has being given by the student to say he has left and despite contact calls and text messages the student has failed to pay his second payment of £600. the student tells me that he is going to pay and come back in sept, 14. Still no payment received.

The student has signed up for another 10 month period starting in sept, 14. The only option left is civil action to recover the lost rent. Is this my only option as I find the civil route time consuming and I may never recover my losses. Views please.

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £75 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services join now.