Power of Attorney
Tenancy Types and Management

55 Thanks
469 Posts
10 years ago
I have been asked to advise a new landlord set up a tenancy. His son owns the property but lives in Australia. The father has power of attorney for his sons affairs.

Do I therefore name the father or the son as landlord on the AST. It is likely the new tenant will claim LHA so we want all to be fine if proof of ownership is requested by the council.

Also who's name would I use on the section 21?

Thank you

Please Login

You must be logged in to participate in our forums, to continue please login below.

Not a member? From only £99 you can join in the discussion and get access to member's only resources and services.

As the home for landlords, the NRLA are here to help you save time, save money, and stay compliant. NRLA membership gives you access to a vast range of expertise, resources, and exclusive member benefits and savings, designed to help and empower members. We also play a pivotal role in campaigning and championing the interests of landlords.